Soft, comfortable and so light babies won’t even notice they’re wearing it! The Bedhead Baby Flap Hat is a child’s best introduction to sun safety and can be worn from birth.
Specifically designed to be worn in prams and baby carriers, the hat sits comfortably over ears while the soft back flap lies flat under baby’s neck when they’re in a pram. Our Heritage Baby Flap Hat is made from a silky-to-touch two-way stretch cotton fabric with stretchy elasticated band on the inside for a comfortable, perfect fit. Along with our anti-flop brim and UPF50+ excellent protection rating, it’s the sun hat that converts hat haters into hat lovers, setting them up for a sun-safe childhood.
Cheery white daisy print on a sky blue background. A simple floral print for those who don’t like too much pink in their lives!
- Specially designed for wear in prams and baby carriers
- Soft back flap sits flat under babies neck whilst laying in pram
- Rated UPF50+ Excellent Protection
- Tested in accordance with Australia & New Zealand Standards 4399
- Sun-Smart recommended brim depths (see tab below for measurements)
- Perfect for use in Childcare centres
- Made from 90% Cotton and 10% Elastane jersey
- Wash & Wear - gentle cold machine wash and line dry in the shade
- 'Return to' label to help hats get home safely
- Stretch chin strap with adjustable toggle
NOTE: Chin strap can easily be removed if required without compromising the quality of the hat – you just need scissors!
BRIM DEPTH - Legionnaire Hats
37cm / XXS / 0-3 months
42cm / XS / 3-6 months
47cm / S / 6-12 months
50cm / M / 1-2 years
52cm / L / 2-3 years
54cm / XL / 3-6 years
BEST SUITED TO: Newborns, crawlers and toddlers still using prams, strollers, car seats, carriers & slings. Best style to convert stubborn hat-haters as it is harder to pull off & not within their eyeline.
No two heads are the same! ALWAYS measure your child's head before purchasing to ensure getting the accurate size.
Step 1: Distract the child with a toy or food (so they don't try and help you!).
Step 2: Use a measuring tape to take measurement. Otherwise use a ribbon to take the size then use a ruler to find the measurement.
Step 3: Purchase the size closest to your childs measurement. Our hats are very stretchy and will grow up to 4cm.
FOR EXAMPLE: The child measures 41cms, you will need the 42cm size that will stretch another 4cms up to 46cms - giving plenty of future wear. Purchasing the next size up would be too large and block your child's vision.